Saturday evening we had two families from church come to dinner and help celebrate Benjamin's first birthday. I'm such a great hostess, however, that I only took pictures of the birthday boy, the dinner table, and the cake and completely ignored everyone else...oops!Benjamin's nursery theme is trains and I decided to carry that over to his cake. It is amazing what you can find online; I just modeled his cake after several others that are featured on the internet.
I used Benjamin's birthday candle as the smoke stack and Oreo cookies for the wheels. The cars are carrying jelly beans and tootsie rolls.
It was fun to watch him figure out what makes a birthday so great! He's had a nibble of brownie before but this was his first forage into the realm of dessert! I'd say it didn't take long for him to figure it out :)
The destruction is complete...and Benjamin immediately went off for his bedtime bath!


3 comments:
Wow. A fantastic cake!!
The table looked beautiful. TQ
Happy Birthday Benjamin!! He is adorable and is getting cuter all the time! The birthday cake looks amazing...great job! We hope to see you all sometime soon once we get settled into our house and make a trip down your way (I think it's down...my CA geography isn't so hot yet!).
aww, what a cutie! happy birthday bengamin. that cake is awesome!
Post a Comment