.jpg)
I've filled you in with all of the hummingbird craziness that occurred earlier this summer. This past weekend, however, the larger mammals decided to pay us a visit. Evidently a whale was killed after being hit by a large ship just off the coast and it was towed ashore at the family beach on base. Jason and I didn't find out about the whale under after the beach was blocked off so we were not able to see it in person but a picture was later published in the base newspaper. Scientists were invited to come and perform an autopsy and also use the 66 ton male blue whale for research.
**I forgot to mention that after the necropsy, the scientists and other volunteers buried the remains of the whale on the family beach. They had the carcass towed back out to sea and it washed up a few days later just south of Point Mugu...at Malibu!


No comments:
Post a Comment