waits for a second coffee mug to come home...
and now, they are together at last!

A little background history: One of the aviator traditions is that all of the guys in a squadron are given call-signs, or nicknames, when they join their first squadron. The names given by the squadron are permanent and stick with the person through his whole military career as he transfers from squadron to squadron. Usually a call-sign is based upon a guy's personality trait, or something really stupid that he did, or as in Jason's case, a play on words. Since our last name is Rogge and is pronounced "roggy," Jason's call-sign is "Snoop" which is short for "Snoop Roggy Rogg," as in a play on words for the rapper, Snoop Doggy Dogg (who is now called Snoop Dogg.) A second tradition with call-signs is that everyone has a coffee mug with their call-sign and wings on it that they use at work. Jason's squadron has them all neatly lined up and hanging on a wall but he also has a second one that he uses at home. I have been very jealous of his Snoop coffee mug, especially as some of the other wives have their own coffee mugs, and today he surprised me by bringing home one with my name on it! (I always get a kick out of meeting someone new in the squadron who obviously doesn't know my name and so calls me "Mrs. Snoop"...and that's fo' shizzle.)
And here is one last picture from when Jason came home from his surge cruise at the end of April:.jpg)


3 comments:
Jessica, you guys are WAY too cute. I love your poster!!!!
I'm so glad you came home a few weeks ago, and I miss you...
Have a wonderful weekend!
Love, Heidi
Jessica, I've really enjoyed reading your blog and keeping up to date with your adventurous life!! I miss you and wish I could see you!! I love the story of the "Mrs. Snoop" mug... that is adorable. :D Hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy. I'm so happy for you. :) I have a blog at www.xanga.com/Lady_Katie87 so you can keep up with my life, too. *hugs*
Love,
Katie
awesome, i love it.
Post a Comment