Saturday, February 7, 2009

Surf's Up!

Or not so much...
This afternoon Jason wanted to check out the waves at Mugu beach and get some surfing in so Benjamin and I met him at the beach to cheer him on. Except there weren't any decent waves! Still, Jason didn't want to miss the opportunity of getting wet, so he suited up and tried catching a few waves. (The water is so cold out here that you have to wear a wetsuit, even in the summer. People don't believe me that where I grew up on the East Coast, the water is warm like a bath!) Benjamin and I sat on our blanket and played with sticks, shells in the sand, and the car keys (don't you love his double chin??) We also saw plenty of sea birds including a bold California Gull: a Marbled Godwit: and Brown Pelicans:

No comments: