Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Zoo

I love going to the zoo! And since Jason has been so busy at work (we barely see him in the morning and he makes it home in time for dinner and then to put Benjamin to bed...) he took yesterday off so that we could spend time together as a family at the Santa Barbara zoo!
I was hoping that Benjamin would be old enough to enjoy looking at all of the different animals but I think he'll be more interested in a few months. Jason and I had a great time, though!
The resident otters, Merry and Pippin: Checking out the penguins: My favorite part was feeding the giraffes!! You hold out a treat (they looked a lot like large dog biscuits) and the giraffe sticks out her tongue and wraps it around the treat. Benjamin wasn't too impressed but it was so neat to be so close to a giraffe. They have the prettiest eyes: Benjamin's favorite part was when we let him out of the stroller to crawl around in the kiddie playground. Here is Jason sitting on the nest: And here is Benjamin checking out the egg! He is one busy little guy. Some more animals: After the zoo, we went out to the Santa Barbara pier for lunch. You can actually drive out on the pier and park by several restaurants. Jason and Benjamin outside of Moby Dick's, where we ate lunch: Jason and Benjamin at the end of the pier: And finally, just one of the reason why I love our new car...there is so much more space to do things like change a diaper!

No comments: