Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In the Ghetto...

Have I mentioned before that we live in the ghetto?? Well, we do, as you can read in these previous posts about our new backyard fence and my neighbor's garage.
As additional proof, I was woken up this morning at 5:30am to the sound of the heaviest downpour I've heard in years...until in my sleepy stupor I realized what time it was and that it wasn't really raining outside but that our sprinkler system was going off. I jumped out of bed to see what the racket was all about and discovered that one of the sprinkler heads had blown off and we really had a geyser in our front yard.
A geyser that was shooting up right underneath the rear bumper of our brand new car (so I parked slightly on the grass...).
A geyser that meant I would have to go outside at 5:33 in the morning to move the car.
A geyser that as soon as I moved our brand new car started shooting about 20 feet up in the air, arching perfectly over our driveway and drumming down on our roof just over my bedroom window. Which of course meant that I couldn't fall back asleep until the sprinkler system shut off...why do these crazy things happen when Jason is deployed? And why so early in the morning??

1 comment:

Sharon said...

They happen when Jason is gone to make life more exciting. Have no fear though, you are not alone. Our garage door spring broke and bent our garage door while David was in Indiana this week, it snowed and bent/broke trees 3 different times David was away this year, and our roof starting leaking while he's been gone this year. So when these things happen to you, just know many of us have been through something or will be going through something similar soon!