Saturday, November 20, 2010

Delivery

We got a delivery yesterday!!! And it was more than just a package in the mail or a box from the UPS man--although we've been getting plenty of those in anticipation of Christmas--it was from the furniture store! Woo-Hoo!!

We've been living in our home since February but just haven't gotten around to buying another sofa for our living room. With one thing or another, furniture purchases got pushed to the back-burner of our priorities. I've been researching and looking online and dreaming, though, for MONTHS. And finally, a week ago, I got quite the deal from La-Z-Boy.

We were playing outside when the big truck pulled up and Benjamin raced inside to get a prime viewing position:
The men unloading the truck. They were the friendliest, happiest delivery men I've ever encountered.
Benjamin waving goodbye:
Ta-da! Our new furniture!!
Our living room still needs some work in finalizing the furniture placement and adding some pictures to the walls but for now, I'm thrilled that we can use this room as more than just an extended playroom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look very pretty, Jessica. I remember how excited we were when we got our couches a few years back and to finally have friends over our place.

We have also realized how the most normal house projects and purchases can be put on the backburner till other odds and ends are dealt with first. In the six months we have been in our home we have labored over our yard and have yet to pick up a paint brush. ~LR