Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Micky D's

After playing at the playground yesterday morning, the boys and I needed to make a quick trip to the NEX. I called Jason twice, hoping to surprise him and meet up for lunch but he was stuck in a sim each time I called. We were running a bit behind in terms of making it home in time for lunch and naps so I decided to take the boys to McDonald's for lunch. On the way there, Benjamin kept asking what color the McDonalds' house is (thinking of the MacDonald family from our church) so I finally started calling it Micky D's to help him differentiate between the two. Since we rarely eat out for lunch, they were thrilled! Both of them were delightful (a nice treat for me!) Samuel kept waving to everyone in the restaurant and got distressed when they ignored him. Can you believe those two plowed through a box of 20 chicken McNuggets?? I sampled three but they polished off the other 17! And topped it off by eating every last French fry. Seriously not looking forward to the bottomless-pit years...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you explained what MickyD's was.
Shame on the customers for not waving and greeting that sweet Samuel. Love, Mother

Anonymous said...

Debi used to take Gabe and Sarah out to lunch weekly at "Cheeseburgers" -- their name for Micky D's because that's what they got every time. Sarah ate her food and much of Gabe's too every time. Enjoy these small pleasures while they are still a big treat.
Beth