Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Walk Down the Pumpkin Patch Memory Lane

After posting the pictures from this year's pumpkin patch trip, I looked back at the past three years, just to see how the boys have grown. Grandparents, are you ready?

2010: Our first pumpkin patch in Virginia. The original pumpkin patch wasn't open on the rainy day that we went and so we drove around in the boonies of Chesapeake trying to find one that was open! Benjamin was 2.5 years old and Samuel was 14 months (and still not walking.)
Oh the chubby cheeked cuteness and button nose. I can't stand it.


2009:

Ok, now I really can't stand it. Where have my babies gone?? We were still in California at this point. Jason had just come home from his third deployment 3 days before we ventured to the Underwood Family Farm pumpkin patch. Benjamin was almost 19 months. Samuel was a mere 7 weeks old. The boys are so chubby and adorable in these pictures and yet, I realize now that I've managed to forget exactly how hard life was then!

I've also forgotten how serious Benjamin was:
Little Samuel was tucked away in the stroller (love those baby toes!) and then he woke up: 2008: I must really like baby toes because here they are again; this time munchkin number one is modeling them. Jason was on his 2nd deployment and I was determined to capture Benjamin's first trip to the pumpkin patch. Benjamin was 6 months old and if you had told me that I would become pregnant with Samuel just two months later, I would have said you were crazy! Benjamin wore a bib all the time, due his non-stop spitting up. My mom made seasonal bibs for him, which Samuel still uses during meal times. 2007: Just for kicks, I went way back in our archives and found our first pumpkin patch pictures as a married couple. We had been in Point Mugu for 9 months and been through Jason's first deployment. I was about 3 months pregnant with our little Benjamin Bean and Lucy Girl starred in the majority of our pictures back then. Looking at these makes me miss her all over again. She was the perfect dog and added so much to our family. 2006: Look, our first Halloween together! We'd been married for 2 months and we look so young!

2 comments:

abby barr said...

i don't know what you're talking about... "we look so young"--you look the same to me!

Anonymous said...

Trust me. You two are young!
Abby the Artist is correct you do look the same.
What cute little guys you have.
You get the liking of baby toes from me except I like their entire fat little feet. Love, Mother