Thursday, June 7, 2007

You Read It Here First!

We're just bursting full of exciting news here at the Rogge household! The first, and most exciting, is that Jason is going to begin a Master's degree! It is a degree in Administrative Leadership and he will be doing it via the University of Oklahoma's long distance education program. Since this is offered in conjunction with the Navy, the only thing we'll have to pay out of pocket will be his course books. Jason is very much looking forward to beginning his new program in just a few short days after we return from our trip. Which brings me to...

The other exciting news is that we are going to Costa Rica for our honeymoon!! We are leaving Monday morning for seven nights and eight days...so there most likely won't be any updates until after we return home. Jason has done all of the planning, from picking the country to selecting two different resorts to arranging the airfare and car rental and I can't wait to escape with him for a week! The super nice thing about this vacation is that even when we come home, he'll still have another week off from work :) I sent my information to update my passport with my new last name in mid-March without realizing that spring is the busiest time of the year for the passport agency. Two weeks ago, I still didn't have my passport and had to call the agency and ask to be upgraded to expedited status. They finally finished it yesterday and overnight expressed it and I just got it about half an hour ago...whew!

And this wouldn't be a post without mentioning Lucy...who has recently discovered the fun of exploring our neighbors' yard, including their rosemary bush. I didn't realize this until yesterday when I kept smelling rosemary around the house...and finally traced the scent to her coat of hair. It sure beats the scent of wet dog!

Here is Lucy's favorite pastime...rolling in the grass. (She reminds me a bit of Bree, the talking horse in The Horse and His Boy in C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia, who loved to roll in the grass but was a bit worried that was beneath a talking horse's dignity...)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

¡Pura vida! I spent a few mos. in Costa Rica in the late 80s and really enjoyed it. It is quite the beautiful place. Enjoy your stay!

Caleb and Jennifer said...

I hope you have a great time! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Seeds of Glass said...

Pura Vida! please tell me all about it when you get back!!!