Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harvest Time


I can't remember exactly when we planted our garden...but in the ensuing weeks, our two tiny tomato plants have exploded and taken over the whole garden (and practically smothered the habanero plant as well as the basil, thyme, and rosemary.) Basically, two tiny tomato plants have turned into two monster tomato plants. This is probably due to the fact that I haven't bothered weeding...or pruning...or checking to see if the herbs were being suffocated. Actually, they only get watered when Jason reminds me. But! Despite my constant ignoring of plant life existence, we have ripe, juicy, wholesomely yummy, homegrown tomatoes in our garden.

And I just picked seven more tomatoes this afternoon. And it turns out that the basil and rosemary and habaneros are doing just fine...if you know where to look!

1 comment:

Antiquerain said...

Jess
--check out www.yougrowgirl.com

It's my new favorite site. I love the dialog and inspiration in the garden.