Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nasty Bug Update

It turns out that the nasty bug I recently posted about is a Potato Bug! Last night I found a website that helps people identify all of the strange bugs they find. I submitted a request and uploaded my pictures of the bug. Before I heard back from the bug website, my friend, Amanda, left a comment that she's seen them in her yard as well and she knew that it was a potato bug. I also just heard back from the bug team and they confirmed the identification. If you are interested, there are more pictures here. I originally thought the bug carried on with his bug life and simply disappeared, but I was just outside and saw that it died. I'm kind of surprised that a bird didn't gobble it up; it would have made a very juicy treat.

No comments: