Monday, December 1, 2008

Chef Jason

Woo-hoo! One of my favorite things about Jason is that he isn't afraid of the kitchen...in fact, he loves tackling challenging recipes and is a better cook than I am :) Saturday evening he gave me the night off and slaved away in the kitchen to produce a fantastic dinner.
We started off with an appetizer of Butternut Squash and Apple Soup. It was quite yummy and the apple brought a nice twist to the butternut squash. I'm sorry to say that I didn't get a picture of Jason's presentation of the soup with a touch of heavy cream on top. The main course was Faux-filet au Beurre Rouge (grilled rib eyes with a red wine and shallot butter topping) and a side dish of Maple-Caramelized Root Vegetables. Jason roasted parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, and sweet potatoes that were drizzled with maple syrup and olive oil. We like our veggies in the Rogge household and these turned out incredibly sweet and filling.

No comments: