While I was with Benjamin in his room giving him his pre-nap time bottle this afternoon, Jason was eating lunch out on our patio. All of a sudden, I heard all of this commotion and Jason telling Lucy to get inside the house. The next thing I knew, Jason was running around the house, grabbing keys off of the key rack, slamming the laundry room door behind him, and trying to open the backdoor of our garage. Then I heard the repeated whack of a shovel hitting cement. I was assuming that something really exciting had snuck into our backyard such as one of the rattlesnakes that live on base but it turns out that Lucy actually caught a gopher! Which is really pretty exciting! She had been checking out a gopher hole and the little sucker happened to pop out and wham! met the jaws of death via Lucy-girl. (Although Lucy probably could have finished off the gopher without help from Jason, he didn't want her to get hurt since the gopher was putting up a fight and that's where the shovel came in...)
Here is the hole:

Here is the gopher, already in the trashcan. It was actually a pretty large one!
2 comments:
Way to go Lucy!! TQ
aww, gopher!
My cat caught a baby bunny and left it in our garden. It was kind of sad :/
Post a Comment