Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Green Grapes

Evidently I LOVED green grapes as a child, in fact, I still do. My mom used to cut them up into sixteenths so I could eat them as one of my first finger foods. During high school, I remember getting into trouble because my mom had purchased a bag of green grapes and I ate them all that same afternoon before anyone else had a chance to taste them. I think I buy them every time I'm in the grocery store, unless of course, they are the smushy kind of green grapes. I only like the firm ones.
All of this to say, I must be passing on my love green grapes to Benjamin as I discovered yesterday afternoon. The mosquitoes have been wretched the past few days so after returning home from the grocery store, I left Benjamin inside the house and unloaded all of the groceries by the front door and then moved them all inside at one time so the front door wasn't constantly being opened and shut. (For some reason the mosquitoes on Point Mugu are super sneaky and congregate by all of the doors; for every time a door is opened at least 4 fly in the house...not even kidding.) After all of the groceries were inside, I left to do something in another room. When I walked back into the entryway, I discovered that Benjamin had rummaged through every grocery sack until he discovered the grapes...my kind of kid!

2 comments:

Mama J said...

We like the purple grapes at our house. :)

Anonymous said...

When you were Benjamin's age, I was moving the bags inside the door. Returned to find you with raw egg in the shell in one hand a grapes in the other. Mother