Samuel was 6 months old yesterday (well, really on February 29th but we didn't have a Leap Year this year) and so this evening he got his first taste of solids! We've been eating dinner at my parents' home every Tuesday night and it was the perfect opportunity to give Samuel his first taste of rice cereal in front of an admiring audience. Jason was pretty excited to feed Samuel his first bit of solids since he was deployed when Benjamin began solid food...but of course I was so focused on taking pictures of Samuel that I didn't get any good ones of Jason feeding him!
Here is the blow-by-blow:
The stage is set and Samuel is sitting in the high chair my brother and I used as a babies:

Samuel is eyeballing his rice cereal:

he's a little bit uncertain:


and then he decides that his thumb tastes better!

Take Two:

and...success!!

Playtime with a tummy full of something new:

Samuel actually loved his first sampling of rice cereal and scarfed down the whole bowl! My mom was a bit disappointed that he didn't make any funny faces; he acted like he'd been eating solids his whole life.
2 comments:
I got the video of Jason feeding Samuel.
Look, they are lying on an Oriental carpet! Mother
Looks a lot like Carly's first time too.
Post a Comment