Friday, May 7, 2010

Cooks in the Kitchen

One of the perks of being back in Virginia is that we only live 15 minutes (depending on traffic!) away from my parents. Benjamin is crazy about eating cinnamon raisin toast for breakfast. When I was little, my mom used to make Cinnamon Swirl Bread all the time so I convinced her to come over this morning and teach me how to make it. Benjamin loves hanging out with his Mimi and he was eager to get in on the bread making action. He helped dump all of the measured ingredients into the mixing bowl but he really enjoyed the kneading part! My mom showed him the proper technique and he was eager to try it on his own: The next fun step was adding the cinnamon and sugar mix to rolled out dough. Please note how seriously Benjamin takes his job as the Official Cinnamon and Sugar Spreader: Samuel got so tired watching the bread rise in the oven that he conked out in his jumperoo! Here is the finished result. And yup, it tastes just as yummy as I remember it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got material and I'm making that cook his own apron!
It has anchors on it. Love, Mother

Julia Orr said...

That bread sounds so good. Could you send me the recipe Jessica?

Sarah Barr said...

post the recipe for everyone! It looks so good.