Saturday, May 8, 2010

Partial for Pears

We had some friends over to dinner last night and while Jason and I were getting last minute things arranged in the kitchen before our guests arrived, I saw Benjamin run into the kitchen with his hand covering his mouth. When I did a double take to make sure nothing was wrong with his mouth, I noticed that he was kind of giggling--like little girls who cover their mouths and say "tee-hee-hee"--and that got my suspicions going.

When I went into the dining room to see what he'd gotten into, I only saw that he'd rearranged the pears. Normally when I bring firm pears home from the grocery store, I set them out on our side table to ripen (and add some decoration :)

So instead of this:
I saw this:
And then I looked closer. And understood the giggling part.
It's like he's got little fangs! I actually couldn't help laughing myself as I took these pictures.

5 comments:

Julia Orr said...

That's hilarious! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Have y'all read "The Very Hungry Catepillar" yet? That was my first thought when I saw the four pears with little bites in them.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the turtles at home that would take one bite out of each tomato. Love, Mother

Jason and Jessica said...

Susan, you're right!! I'll check out a copy of The Very Hungry Catepillar at our next library visit.

Garrett and Janel Barry said...

this is hilarious! you can't write this stuff! this is a day when you think--I LOVE being a Mom!