Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Zoo Trip

We met Mindy (a high school friend of mine) and her 3 1/2 year old twins, Cecilia and Thomas, at the zoo on Monday morning. Mindy and I hadn't seen each other in about six years but it didn't feel like any time had passed at all.

I didn't take that many pictures but two of the highlights of this trip were the elephants and the lions. All three of the elephants were inside but we were able to peek down at them and watch them perform tricks to get food. It was amazing all of the things they could do, including lying on the ground, backing up, stretching out their ears and flapping them back and forth, and raising up their trunk. With each trick they were rewarded with bananas and sweet potatoes. When we got to the lion enclosure, we were amazed to see how close they were to one of the viewing windows. I would guess we were standing about 10 feet away from the pride as they sunned themselves in the grass.
Here are all of the kids and Mindy:
These two cuties definitely know how to pose!
And I love the fact that the boys have congregated around the Rhino's head. Wonder what that means?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for remember your camera and taking these! It was great to catch up and meet your boys! Mindy