Wednesday, May 9, 2007

At Long Last...

Since I haven't done anything of note the last two days...except reread the Harry Potter books in preparation for this summer's release of book number seven and cook yummy dinners...I thought I'd finally post the pictures of our house. Looking back over the timing of things from our delayed move out to California to Jason's immediate departure once we arrived for three months, it all turned out for the best. While Jason was gone, I was able to live in complete chaos and take my time unpacking boxes, organizing our house, and painting the walls! (FYI: The description of each picture is underneath it)




This is called the zapper and is the symbol of Jason's squadron, The Black Eagles. When the eye is painted red, it means they are at war.

The front door and entryway...
which leads into the kitchen as well as the living room/dining room.


The entryway also leads to the hallway (off to the right) with the guest bathroom and bedrooms.


The kitchen from the entryway, with the laundry room (and back door) at the end.


The kitchen from the perspective of the laundry room. To the (unseen) right is the doorway to the living room/dining room...

Here is one wall of the dining room with the laundry room and kitchen on the other side.


Here is what the dining room looks like if you are standing in the living room and looking into the dining room. The L-shaped backyard is on the left and beyond the dining room window.


This is from the perspective of the dining room as you look into the living room...

And this is another shot of the living room. The wall with the bookcase (as seen in the smaller picture) has a window in the living room, sliding glass doors leading to the backyard, and another window in the dining room. It makes this part of the house nice and sunny for the majority of the day as the sun moves across the whole wall and sets in the back window of the dining room.

2 comments:

Seeds of Glass said...

The house looks sweet! Jonathan with long hair looks weird too...why'd he decide to grow it? Is he going back to his old bowl cut?!?
--Adam

Anonymous said...

Jessica! Hi Friend! I love the way the kitchen paint job turned out. I tell you I was a bit worried when you sent me the paint sample....but it looks great! I'm having a great time reading your blogs....let's me feel caught up. I will try to write soon. Love,

Miriam