1 year ago
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Lucy's Playtime
Since Lucy has been recovering so nicely, we've been taking her on more walks and playing fetch more frequently. She absolutely l-o-v-e-s chasing after the ball and she is great about bringing it right back. We play in our front yard where there is more space for Lucy to run. Although I enjoy throwing the tennis ball for Lucy, I hate picking it up once it gets all slobbery (I'm such a girl!) So the last time we were in a pet store we got a Chuckit!, a handheld ball launcher. I'm still mastering the art of flinging tennis balls so Lucy can run them down, but occasionally I surprise myself (and Lucy) and manage to throw the ball over the fence and into the backyard. Once Lucy realizes that the tennis ball is over the fence, she runs to the front door and waits for me to open it, dashes through the house, and then waits by the back door for me to let her out so she can find the ball. Only this morning, she was so eager to get through the backdoor to continue chasing down the ball, that after I opened the sliding glass door she sprinted though...and bounced back off the screen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment