Today was a big day for Lucy...all of her stitches and staples were removed and she no longer has to wear her hated cone-head collar!! When we got home, it was as if she knew she was free; she kept running around the living room and dancing and prancing up and down the hallway. The vet recommended that I give Lucy a bath before taking off her cone collar in the hopes that the bath would discourage Lucy from licking/disturbing her scars (I'm not sure why?) Since our bathtub doesn't have a hand-held showerhead and I've babysat way too many kids to want to get drenched by a dog in the bath, I used the hose outside to give Lucy a bath. As soon as I finished drying her off, she immediately had a nice long roll in the grass...
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get all of the residue from the adhesive bandage off Lucy's hair, so after dinner it was Jason's turn to give Lucy her

second bath of the day. He very bravely did the task in the guest bathtub. While the second bath was definitely the low of Lucy's day, it is safe to say that Jason has been inducted in the Parent and Child/Dog Bathtime Soaking Hall of Fame. (Actually, I'm very impressed as he really didn't get that wet...looks like he has bathtime duty when we have kids!)

The grip...

The torture of two baths in less than four hours is almost over!
No comments:
Post a Comment