Wednesday, June 27, 2007

From Blah to Spa

When Jason was deployed, I had the fun of picking out colors and painting various rooms in our home. I like all of our newly colorful walls except for the guest bathroom. In a burst of late-night-picking-paint-colors-at-Home-Depot craziness, I ended up painting the bathroom an insanely bright teal color, "Cozumel." It was a bit too much...when the sun shone into the bathroom in the afternoon a teal hue reflected out into the hallway. Needless to say, once Jason returned home, he wasn't a huge fan of it either. So, in last few days of his remaining vacation last week, we repainted the bathroom! It is now "Balmy Seas" and we both love this new color a lot better. In fact, I like it so much, I plan on using it again when we move in a few years. It is more of the breezy tropcial Bahama color I was orginally aiming for.

Here are the before and after pictures:


We were halfway through painting Kilz on the orginal Cozumel layer before I remembered to take a picture. The teal color doesn't look as bold in this picture as it was in real life...


This picture doesn't do the new color justice either...it is a bit brighter and a whole lot nicer. Now, we just want to paint our bedroom and then we're completely finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have to repaint the walls to eggshell when you check out of housing?