Monday, June 2, 2008

So Long...Farewell...We Hate to Say Goodbye!

Saturday evening the Spouse's Club had our farewell party for Sheralyn, the Skipper's wife. We went to the Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant in Thousand Oaks. It was a lot of fun! I have never been to a fondue place and I think Jason and I might have to make that our new welcome-home-restaurant tradition.

Since Jason's squardon's colors are black and white (and that's what we always use in decorating everything!) the theme of Sheralyn's farewell was "adding some color back into her life" (hence the party hat!)

Sheralyn and her family are moving to Germany and I am very envious! I am also going to miss her a lot! She has been a wonderful example of a military wife and I have appreciated and benefited from her leadership. She is one of the most generous people that I know; especially with her time. Her front door was always open if I just wanted to drop by. We have our Lucykins because Sheralyn forwarded an email about a stray dog needing a home. And when Jason and I went on our belated honeymoon last summer, Sheralyn's family came everyday to feed Lucy, take her on walks, and play ball.

Here I am with Amanda and Danielle...

and here we are with Sheralyn...

and this is Sam with Sheralyn.

This is my neighbor, Allie, doing her Rambo thing...

and this is Amanda channelling her Princess Leia style.

No comments: