Monday, December 13, 2010

Let It Snow!

I couldn't believe it when Jason woke me up this morning with the exciting words, "Hey babe, it's snowing outside!"

It rarely snows in southeastern Virginia because of our close proximity to the water that normally keeps the temperatures just warm enough to skip snow and instead dump rain. So I did think Jason was teasing me since that would mean it is the second time in nine days that we've had a dusting of snow!!

But he was right. At first we thought it was just a snow flurry but it's been snowing since 7am (and it is now 2pm with no signs of stopping.) Everything looks beautiful and on the plus side, the roads aren't cold enough for the snow to stick so traffic isn't snarled at all. Believe me, without much snow to practice in, everyone in our area is a complete idiot when it comes to driving in winter weather.

The boys and I played outside for a bit before coming inside and enjoying hot chocolate and warm pumpkin bread. Snow days are special days so that's all we ate for lunch :-)

I snapped so many pictures that I thought I'd just combine them in a video. Enjoy!

2 comments:

LA said...

This is a great video Jessica! Is this the first time the boys have seen snow (just thinking how you all lived in CA before!)

Thank you for sharing, love seeing pictures of your beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thank you for my morning laugh. Love, Mother